Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A shout out to Sean!



A Shout Out To Sean
 
Sean is the Salesman for Window Cleaning Resource - of which my blog is posted on the forum. Thanks Chris and Alex.

Sean is a very successful businessman, and has helped WCR to acquire much of their commercial work.

I watched Sean's video today about his new approach to pricing. I must say I'm impressed. He's not going to lowball his prices anymore to win accounts - and he will charge what is good for him - working on commision, and high enough for the guys who work at WCR and Chris and Alex.

I too don't believe in charging lower than I want for an account simply to match local competition or get a client.

My belief in pricing is too charge at a rate/hour that you want, and a rate that you know the majority of your desired clients will accept.

I would rather charge too high and not get a business, than charge too low, and kick myself later, and find myself over time with a lot of underpriced work.

My pricing philosophy is always changing, based on what I think I can charge, what high prices others have charged, and when I find out that I'm not charging what others do.

The most current change I have made to my pricing is to not treat all glass the same.

Before, even when cleaning a large piece of glass, I would charge what a small piece of glass would cost. Most customers understand that they will pay more if they have a store with big glass than if their store had small windows.

If I need to just clean windows with one method, cleaning with just a squeegee and applicator I will charge a basic rate per window. If I have to use a pole (I'm tall - 6 feet 2) than I will charge up to double that rate.

I would advise all of you to not treat all glass the same. Let's say you charge $1/per outside pane) for a regular pane that requires no polling. For one that requires polling, or is much larger charge $2/per pane.

Your pricing philosophy can change, be willing to accept new ideas and make adjustments where necesary.

Are you in the Toronto area and want a quote for window cleaning? Call the Toronto Window Cleaner at 647-409-8144 or visit my webiste at http://mmwindowcleaners.com


1 comment:

Menage Total said...

I read your post, Great post with Nice information.. Thanks for sharing !!
Residential Cleaning Services