Friday, February 3, 2012

Using Homestars

Using HomeStars

A few months ago we bought our first house. We are very excited, but as with any new house purchase there are many unexpected and unwanted surprises.

We want to get our ducts cleaned. It turned out that even though this house is 10 years old, and even was renovated the ducts were never cleaned. Imagine the disgusting air that we have been breathing in.

We have never hired a duct cleaning company before, and our friends and family couldn't recommend a good one. So to find a reliable service provider I took to the net and checked out HomeStars. I looked for a duct cleaning company that was reviewed and consistently met or exceeded customer's expectations.

I found a company Canaduct that had hundreds of 10 star reviews. I was impressed. How can a company even have so many good reviews. After looking at their website I gave them a call and booked an appointment. They did a good job, though it was nothing spectacular. I was pretty impressed with all the upselling they tried to do. A good trait for a service provider. And it wasn't done in a pressured or guilty manner. The crews were on time and did good work.

Now why am I bringing this up? Because it's something I want to implement in my business. With using a new company people myself included look for online reviews. Every major purchase I have made I do a lot of research and I spend a lot of time looking for reviews.

For example when I vacation, and we are choosing a resort. I spend some time looking at the reviews of the resorts from people that have gone, and I make my choice on that, more than even the price of the trip. Same has gone for pretty well any major purchase I have made.

So take advantage of human nature. List yourself on HomeStars and put in place a system that encourages satisfied customers to post reviews. Get above just one review like mine currently stands at.


Next time I am going to show you the follow up letter that Canaduct sent me to encourage me to post a review on HomeStars, should I use something similar? You tell me,.

Thanks for reading

Check out my website http://www.mmwindowcleaners.com/ Or call me 647-409-8144

Links Mentioned: homestars.com


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am happy that I found your post while searching for informative posts on this topic window cleaner. It is really informative and quality of the content is extraordinary.

home security alarm system ajax

Cheryl S. Taylor said...

When your air ducts become contaminated with dust, dirt, pollen, debris, animal hair and dander, it becomes a breeding ground for mold spores, bacteria, fungus, mildew and other microbes you do not want to have in your lungs. Each time the furnace or air conditioner is turned on, these contaminants are circulated throughout your home and affect the health and comfort of you and your family.