Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Marketing with Other Service Professionals

Today I had the privlege of doing cold and warm calling with Victor a printer and toner salesman. He sells printers and cartridges and also services them when needed. He is well liked and has two hundred and fifty accounts.

I moved out to Bowmanville where Victor has lived for many years. We both attend the same place of worship so he graciously offered to help me find accounts in Bowmanville and Oshawa.

Today for the first time I canvassed with another salesman. It was quite the fun experience. It was far more encouraging and easier.

He introduced me to his clients who were very friendly and took my card. That is what I call warmcalling. Victor simply said this is a friend of his who has moved to the area from Toronto proper and is looking for some clients. It worked well. WE only visited about 5 or 6 places and of those I have two serious prospects. That is quite something, often when I cold call I have to make several dozen visits or calls before I get a serious inquiry.

We are going to plan to do this again. Speaking in person to existing customers is very valuable since the clients are warmer and they trust you more quickly. I am likely to get jobs that I wouldn't normally get since they may only choose a window cleaner who is recommended by their friends.

On an encouraging note a pizzeria owner called me. I had left a quote and card a couple months ago, and she wanted me to come biweekly to clean the windows. She was happy with our work and is now a new client. It restored my faith that leaving business cards works at times, I was starting to think that it was pretty useless since I seemed to get little response from even serious people that took my card but for one reason or another never called me back

Are you looking for a reliable Toronto Window Cleaner. Call Mike, 647-409-8144

mike@mmwindowcleaners.com
http://mmwindowcleaners.com


5 comments:

Window Cleaning Lancaster Pa said...

Hmm, I never thought about tag teaming like that.. I just made a great connection with a local carpet cleaning company in my area.. ill have to see if they would be interested in doublin up some day.

Michael said...

WCLP - let me know how it goes!

window cleaner bath said...

This could really work, I may consider this!

I also considered trying to arrange contracts with local landlords.

the RegisteredLandlordsAssociation

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I found it very interesting and informative.

Spot On Solutions said...

Such a great blog is very difficult to get. I am very happy to join this Blog in today.
Window Washing Company Website Design