Sunday, February 5, 2012

Money, Money, Money? Are you getting yours? How to get paid quickly.



Are you sitting on a mountain of unpaid invoices?

I wrote before on the importance of getting paid. I make sure that after just 2 weeks the majority of my customers that haven't paid an invoice that is aged 14 days get a friendly reminder letter.

I have found that this has sped up payment for me and enabled me to have more cash flow and less uncollected invoices.

Another important thing to do in your small business is to make sure that you have created all the invoices for all the work that has been done, and not delay in emailing or mailing the invoices.

Today, I was surprised at the hundreds of dollars of work that I have not billed going back to Dec 2011. I was wondering why my business bank account was leaner than usual of late.

So, very simple things to do to keep your cash flow healthy is to remind customers after two weeks to pay your invoice and to make sure all invoices have been created and are sent to customers quickly. Remember you have a right to your money. You don't need to apologize for that.


No comments: